3 Ocak 2015 Cumartesi

I am Yılmaz, King of Ducks


I used to feed the ducks around the lake with stale bread.


I would be happy when they compete with each other to grab the
bread I threw.

Now in the morning I look this lake from my house and see there are others feeding them.

I used to feel very strong as all those animals were only dependant to me

I used to call myself “I am Yılmaz, King of Ducks”

Listen as the crowd would sing “quack, quack, quack”

Now there are two kids feeding the ducks and trying to destroy my realm.

One minute I bought all the bread from a shop

Next threw all of the bread over the children and said “I am Yılmaz, King of Ducks”

Discovered that I was their true king as all of the ducks were attacking to these children and proudly repeated again:

“I am Yılmaz, King of Ducks”.

2 yorum:

  1. Sup, Yılmaz? I've read your poem in this post and I really like it. It has some creativity of a poet. Have you ever thought to be poet,rather than studying ELT? You should think about it. I think you love ducks and probably you are feeding one of them at home. There can be no other reason for you to write such emotional poem. I love ducks as well, they are cute animals and ı used to feed them with stale bread,too. Lastly but not leastly, You have no grammatical mistakes and that's why you are so well in the language and you could reflect the direct emotion there.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. I would like to be a king rather than a poet but..why not-? As king of ducks, I dedicate this poem to my poor duck who was mercilessly murdered by a crow in my balcony...R.I.P. By the way, thanks for the comment :D

    YanıtlaSil